Skip to main content

Blog Tour & Excerpt: By My Side by Essie Sylvan


Title: By My Side
Author: Essie Sylvan
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: February 22, 2022
Cover Designer: RMGraphX

NOW LIVE!
Amazon: US | UK | AU | CA

College parties are for drinking and dancing, not destiny.

Bethany wanted to have a little fun, hang with her friends, and maybe digest a little eye candy. She hadn’t meant to literally bump into it. When he ended up being besties with her roommate’s crush, the opportunity presented itself, and she was not passing this one up.

Bryce went to the party to find his friend a distraction, maybe meet a hookup—nothing more. The hot brunette was a bonus. He tossed her a sign, and she gave it back with her phone number penned in silver. He hadn’t meant for them to get beyond a few nights, or past the semester. He certainly hadn’t known what she was hiding about herself.

But time together had him changing his goals. Bryce was determined to stay by her side, no matter the personal cost. Bethany wanted to navigate the world as she had always done, keeping it from crumbling around her. Then reality struck, and she was forced to make hard choices, the kind that required her to let people in. And learn that she held the key to her own happiness.




I instantly loved this sport. I had never watched hockey, not even on television. It was incredibly exciting to be in the stands. Fans were screaming and chanting, and this was just the warm-ups! If any of my soccer games had ever been like this, I would’ve felt like a goddess. I bit my lip and frowned. I was not at all cut out to be with someone like him. Shit, what was I even doing here? There was no way, no way at all, his look had meant anything. I was wrong; I had to be. He was probably toying with me. The lowly freshman with a crush.

I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He was tall anyway, but on skates, he was imposing. I sighed and watched as he skated behind the goal, right in front of where we were sitting. And then, he looked up. It was as if he was looking for someone, and then he found me. I sat, too stunned to cheer, locked in his gaze. Then he scooped a puck up and over the glass right in our direction.

“Hey, Brilliant!” he called as the puck flung toward me, not with a lot of force.

A crazy student behind me caught it, and Bryce shook his head, a cocky smile on his face before he skated away. I looked behind me to where the puck was. I wanted to ask for it so badly. I would even sleep with it tonight. I had every right to ask for that puck. I knew it had been for me. Maybe I shouldn’t have caught his eye. Maybe I didn’t deserve his attention, but if he was interested in me even a bit, I was going to enjoy every loving minute of it.



Essie was once given a tee shirt warning people they might end up in her books. As a wife, over-volunteer, mom of three, caretaker of pets, and someone with a vibrant career in education, Essie is more than a casual observer of life. Her superpowers are her empathy and love of learning, and they wonderfully weave real bits of humanity into fictional stories that she hopes readers stay up too late reading. When she is not writing, she is searching for the next book, allowing her to walk in someone else’s shoes for a bit.

Hot Tree Self-Publishing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...