Skip to main content

Blog Tour, Excerpt, & Giveaway: Exposure by Kolleen Fraser


Title: Exposure
Author: Kolleen Fraser
Series: Love & Fate, book 1
Genre: Second-Chance Romance
Release Date: October 3, 2020
Publisher: Hot Tree Publishing
Cover Designer: BookSmith Design

Available now!

Through darkness and light, true love will find a way to conquer all. 

Lexi’s life has never been easy. Her mother’s violence, neglect, and eventual abandonment leave Lexi and her brother, Matt, desperately trying to survive on their own. 

A chance meeting with a handsome stranger, Noah, has her heart racing. And her future looks bright for the first time in her life. 

One tragic night everything is taken away and Lexi’s life is once again thrust into the unknown. 

Forced to pick herself up and carry on with her life, she longs for the missing pieces of her heart. Hoping that somehow true love will find a way back to her.

From author Kolleen Fraser comes a heartbreaking and uplifting second-chance romance—rebranded, edited, and published by Hot Tree Publishing.



“How did you end up living with Jax?” 
I shrug. “No freaking idea, it’s my first night here. He’s a friend of my brother. It’s only for a month, until we can find a place.” 
“Where’re your parents?” 
“Parents bailed, it’s just us now. You ask a lot of questions for a sexy stranger in the dark.” I laugh.
 “Sexy, huh?” he asks with a smile. 
“Oh crap, I said that out loud? I must be tired.” I called him sexy, to his face. Lord, let the earth swallow me now. He sits down next to me. 
Holding his hand out, he says, “Noah King, AKA sexy stranger in the dark.” 
I smile up at him, extending my hand. “Lexi Young, hot mess on a step.” He chuckles at this and his laugh makes my heart happy. What is happening to me? A Jeep pulls up front and honks. He gives them a quick wave before turning back to me. Without thought or reasoning, I use his shirt to pull him closer, our lips meet in the most perfect kiss that has ever existed. I want to own this moment, to take charge and prove to myself that I can still be normal. I can kiss a boy I think is cute. I’m not completely broken. His hands cradle my face and the kiss deepens passionately. He pulls back, smiles and places one more delicate kiss on my lips and one on my forehead before stepping away. “That was...” he starts. 
“My first kiss,” I finish with a smile. 
“I’ve never been anyone’s first kiss. I’m honored.” Taking my hand, he places one perfect kiss on my palm. “Stay safe, Lexi Young, hot mess on a step.”



Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest in coastal British Columbia, Kolleen Fraser finds the lush green forests, snowcapped mountains, and the ocean waves soothing to her soul.

She's always been an avid reader and loves blogging about her favorite reads. Her writing journey began by hitting publish on her first novel in her duet in 2015. Since then, she's written across multiple romance genres.

Writing has always been therapeutic for Kolleen and offers a way to process and express all the crazy thoughts running around in her head while telling powerful stories in real ways that readers can connect with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...