Skip to main content

Blog Tour, Excerpt & Giveaway: Across the Way by Amy K. McClung

 HALF-PRICE SALE 
Author: Amy K. McClung
Title: Across the Way
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: Oct 1, 2016
Add to Goodreads TBR
Marie has her twenties planned out. Her dream to see all fifty states before she turns twenty-five finally comes true. With a two-year trip ahead of her, she says good-bye to her family and her best friend Jayce. Though fearing the trip could change their friendship forever, a pact is formed. They're determined not to let distance impact on their relationship. 

Amidst triumph and heartache, new relationships and friendships, Marie soon discovers her journey is so much more than an adventure. Instead, she finally realizes where she truly belongs.
Amazon: US | UK | AU | CA
iTunes | Nook | ARe
“Where is he?” I asked in a panic.
“He’ll be here soon, Marie. I checked on his flight a few minutes ago, and it is still showing on time. He should be landing any minute now.”
“I need him here! He’s the reason I’m in pain right now. He should experience this!” How was it that men got to do the fun part of making a baby, but didn’t have to go through any of the pain and suffering?
My mother chuckled.
“Yes, he should. He will, don’t worry. Just breathe.”
I wanted to smack this woman for trying to calm me in my time of pain. On the other hand, I wanted to hug her for having gone through this agony with me twenty-eight years ago. Once I finally dilated to ten centimeters, the doctor asked me to push, but I wasn’t ready.
“Wait, I can’t. Not until he’s here!”
“Who are we waiting on?” the doctor asked impatiently.
“The father. He’ll be here soon,” my mother promised Satan, squeezing my hand as though she thought it would help. Truthfully, I wanted to be knocked out instead of knocked up right now. Couldn’t they put me in a nice slumber while the alien creature exploded from my nether regions? I knew it was the miracle of birth and all that hogwash, but I was good with not remembering the moment.
“Well, we can’t wait for him. This baby is coming now. So give me a good push.”
“Augh,” I screamed with each push. More cursing spewed from my lips. I couldn’t believe how far I’d come in the last few years. Three years ago, my only goal in life had been to take a trip around the United States. I’d never even had a serious boyfriend. My travel dreams came to life, and along the way, I found my dream of a family. I was married to the love of my life, and we were having our first child. My husband wanted four, but we’d negotiate that once I got over the pain of this one ripping me apart. It was hard to believe all of this began with a bucket list dream. 


Amy McClung was born in Nashville, TN. She is the second oldest of four girls and occasionally suffers from middle-child syndrome. She met the love of her life online in August of 2004, on his birthday of all days, and married him in September 2005.

Currently they have no human children, only the room full of colourful robots that transform into vehicles and the large headed Pop Funkos who represent their favorite characters. Collecting movies, shot glasses, Pop Funkos, and dust bunnies are some of her favourite pastimes.

Amy began writing in September of 2011 and independently published her first YA novel, Cascades of Moonlight, Book one of the Parker Harris series the following May. Her first book was a means of therapy for her, enabling her to escape reality for a while during a difficult transition in her life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...