Skip to main content

New Release: Burnout by Brooklyn Taylor



Release Week Blitz
Burnout
by Brooklyn Taylor


Add to Goodreads


Easton Hunter has a one track mind. Drag racing. He doesn’t require anything but the rush of adrenaline while on the race track. His nights are full of women and his days are full of racing. Life is going just as he has planned until a tragedy strikes his family. He is left to pick up the pieces abruptly turning his life as he knows it upside down.

Harper Dunn is finally hitting the big time. Everything that she has ever worked for is falling right into place. She is determined to take the world by surprise. Nothing gives her more satisfaction than proving someone wrong that doubted her, especially of the opposite sex. She has never been in love and isn’t planning on it anytime soon. That is until she meets three year old Samantha Hunter.

As competition gets steep not only on the race track but also in their hearts, they have to decide to take the leap of faith or walk away from the best thing either has ever encountered.

Can Easton and Harper resist temptation when it is standing right in front of them?

Especially when they are car to car on the race track?

Can you handle the speed at 300 MPH?








She’s had to leave the baby with me a few times and it was a total disaster each and every time. I had to be rescued by Mal or dad all times due to a nonstop cry. Yeah, she doesn’t like me.

I would feed her, burp her, change her, and she would still cry nonstop as if I was a monster and she hated me. It would be the first female who didn’t like me. In all seriousness though, it kinda pissed me off. I had never been unable to master anything I had put my mind to. Damn it this was gonna be no different.

I continued walking her back and forth and then out the front of the motor coach trying everything and anything to get her settled. Dad and Mal had gone out for dinner to give Mallory a break so I knew there would be no one to rescue me.

I sat under the makeshift porch and swayed her back and forth just like Mal would do.

Samantha followed me with her eyes looking into mine studying me. I was already in awe of her but that was the very moment that I fell in love with her.

“You know what I think I am going to call you from now on?”

I paused waiting for an answer. No, dumbass, she isn’t going to answer you.

“Blue. I am going to call you Blue.” I smirked.

“Do you want to know why I am going to call you that?”

I waited again continuing to sway her just slightly while lightly patting her bottom and hearing the sound of the cushioned diaper as my hand met it.

“I'll tell you… you have always screamed bloody murder every time I have held you since the very first time in the hospital 6 months ago. You would turn blue… the blue of the annoying dog on Blue’s Clues that you love so much. So… that is your name to me for now on.”

I slowly sat down in the chair that had been calling my name and held her as she slept in my arms peacefully. So this is what it felt like.

She changed something in me that very moment, as I watched her feeling safe in my arms. I had seen Mallory transform into a mother that the both of us never had in only a short six months. Here this little life was making me feel something I had never felt for another by not speaking a word. She was special.





I currently reside outside of Austin, Texas. I'm a mother of 2 amazing kiddos and married to my gorgeous soulmate for almost 20 years. I have a full time job in the medical field but would rather be spending my time writing! I love to spend my free time reading, being outside and playing with my family and 4 fur babies. I started to write at the instinct of "hey maybe I can do that!" and haven't stopped since. I have enjoyed every step of the journey. I am blessed to have very supportive friends and family that make my life worth living!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...