Skip to main content

Review: Wish Upon A Stud Series by Elise Sax

Wish Upon A Stud SeriesWish Upon A Stud Series by Elise Sax
Laurie's rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit, I was a little intimated when I saw there was 5 books in the series. To my delight, each of these books are more like novellas. I was able to read the entire series in about 3 days. 3 days that all I wanted to do was read these stories. Each book tied in with the next. All are set in the same town and each woman in the books has made a wish on their towns famous wishing fountain. I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Watch what you wish for", apparently none of these women have. Their wishes come true but in very unexpected ways.

I must say, I really enjoyed this series. I was a little surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. I'm not a big romance reader, but the characters in these books were hilarious. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much while reading a book that wasn't humor. (My husband kept asking me what was so funny and I would have to read the parts to him. ) The author did a great job keeping the humor and the sex at a good pace. It never got slow, there wasn't too much sex (as you often find in romance novels), it was a perfect blend of everything you could want. This would be a great series for a beach read this summer. I give The Wish Upon a Stud series 4/5 stars.

Wish Upon A Stud Series

by 
The Wish Upon A Stud Series is five hot and hilarious novellas about wishes that go terribly wrong…fortunately. Wish Upon A Stud...A happy ending is just a coin toss away.

Book 1: Going Down:
Marion MacAlister wants to nail her audition, not get nailed. Truly. Honestly. All right...maybe she does want to get nailed, but that's just because her hottie landlord and local diner owner Mack Ryan is confusing her. Can friends become lovers? Especially friends who might not even be friends in the first place?

Book 2: Man Candy:
Raine Harper is in love with Wade Gates. But Wade likes women who are model thin, and Raine is model thin plus a whole lot of pounds. Desperate to make him love her, she trains just a little too hard and passes out in the arms of superstar movie star Dirk Adams. Dirk thinks Raine’s junk in the trunk is perfect and proposes to make Wade jealous by becoming her pretend boyfriend. Pretend soon seems very real. Is Dirk a great actor, or is something really developing between Raine and the movie star?

Book 3: Hot Wired:
Marie Foster is not a cheater. Nevertheless, she gets thrown out of college for doing just that. With her life turned upside down, she decides to try new things. You know…Get drunk in a bar. Pick up a guy. Marry a stranger, who just happens to be a hot billionaire.

Book 4: Just Sacked:
Layla has been working at her family’s bar since she was five years old. But it’s more than a bar. It’s home. Now with her family gone and debts piling up, her bar is repossessed and taken over by local businessman Hank Taylor. Hank offers Layla a deal: If she can win a drinking contest, she can have the bar back. Layla’s never lost a drinking contest in her life, but after an evening swigging back whiskey, she and Hank wake up together, naked and handcuffed in Mexico. Getting home offers dangerous adventure, and it’s a toss up whether Hank and Layla will get back before they kill each other or fall in love.

Book 5: Wicked Ride:
Fiona Jones has never killed anyone, but there’s a first for everything. Still, maybe she shouldn't have hired Ronin—a sexy killer with a wicked motorcycle-- who’s giving her more than her share of attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...