Skip to main content

Release Review: Senseless Attraction - Lila Rose

SeneslessAttraction_TourBanner
Synopsis
Three parts. Two points of views.

Never one to care what others think, seventeen-year-old, Mt. Henry High School student, Skylar James, is content with it that way. That is until she's assigned her history partner, rich-boy Kane.

Being invisible at Rushton High School, is just how seventeen-year old Alexandra Harmony likes it. That is until she's asked to tutor bad-boy Tristan.

What does it take to make opposite yet parallel lives collide

Senseless Attraction.
I have been so fortunate over the years to read fabulous five star reads. I deliberately try to select books I will genuinely love. This book, Senseless Attraction, like only a handful of others over the past six months, could quite simply make me gush. I could easily go on about the fabulous ease of the read, the dynamic characters, the intense relationships and the truly beautiful, heart felt love I sensed pouring off these pages. But it’s simpler to say – I LOVE this book! 

Immediately after reading, I felt all warm and glowy. My heart was pounding heavily and I wanted to shout out how amazing Senseless Attraction was. 

This is one of the best YA reads I’ve read. Ever. Okay, a bit gushy, but I feel all lovey whenever I think about the story and need to go and kiss my husband. It's a story that touched my heart and reminded me of first love and all of the angst, fear and excitement that goes with it. Be sure to give this fabulous book a chance.
Buy Now
Senseless Attraction half cover
add-to-goodreads-button31
Excerpt
Skylar:

“Tell me about it. I wish I caught some very long lasting disease over the weekend, and then I wouldn't have to deal with being matched up with a partner in History today.”

Skylar:

“Yeah, hi. I'm, um, Skylar,” I uttered looking at him for the first time. He was your usual jock type; tall broadly built, short dark brown hair that hung too long in the front, nice warm golden eyes. Nice? Warm? Where did I pull that from?

Skylar:

“Kane, Kane wait. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.” I grabbed his arm to stop him. He turned, grabbed my shoulders and kissed me. It was only a short kiss, but God-all-mighty I felt it right down to my toes. Imagine if he had of used tongue. “And I shouldn't have done that,” He said and continued to walk off. Alexandra: I couldn't help it, I gaped. Was she serious? Me, help Tristan, with Math’s. Me in a room alone with Tristan. Me?

Alexandra:

“You don't like me do you?” He asked. I paused what I was doing and looked at him. “I don't know you. Anyway, would you really care if I didn't?” He shrugged and stood. “I guess not. See you tomorrow, Alex,” He said and left.

Alexandra:

Tristan laughed pulling me close again into his embrace. “You cannot tell me that was your first kiss.” That made me laugh and blush. “Well no, but you’re the second.” “Hmm, I think I like that.” He grinned a big toothy grin which made my insides curl.
MeetTheAuthor
Lila Author Pic
Lila Rose lives in country Victoria Australia with her husband and two children. When she isn't writing she's trying to control her mob from killing each other and helping her husband with the family business. Lila Has always dabbled in writing, though, only recently will have her debut novel Holding Out released in December 2013. Then she'll just need to find time to bring out more from the Hawks Motorcycle Club series.
Giveaway
SA full cover
Hosted by:
EJ Button

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...