Skip to main content

Paranormal Pumpkin Patch Day Twenty-Five w/ Giveaway - Teresa Gabelman

A grin played across her lips. She wiggled a little, surprised by her own actions. Was this the old Pam coming out? Was Duncan bringing her back to herself again? 
- Duncan (#3 The Protectors) by Teresa Gabelman

It's our penultimate Paranormal Pumpkin Patch feature today. Day 25 leads with one of bestie book babes the gorgeous and uber talented Teresa Gabelman. Teresa, aka, PNR Goddess, is the author of the amazeballs The Protectors series. For PNR lovers, this series will get your blood pumping and leave you wanting a warrior all of your very own.

Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 5 out of 5 Fairies
I immediately liked the main female character Nicole. She's very easy to like with her very quick and easy comebacks, no-nonsense attitude and her compassion. I love a strong female protagonist, and with Nicole, she easily fits the mould. It was with the introduction of her character, that I knew that 'Damon' was going to be a book that would keep me hooked. 

What I didn't quite realise, was just how hooked I would be. I read 'Damon' in just one sitting; it was that good. 'Damon' was so very easy to read, to devour almost, I wanted my fill, especially when I was introduced to the devastatingly gorgeous Damon himself. Yes, I officially have a new crush!

Damon, a vampire and a warrior, is so very beautiful, in so many ways. The way that the relationship develops with Nicole is very powerfully described; Teresa captures their feelings, their passion, their heart break so beautifully. I cried in two separate places. Yes, admittedly, I'm a bit of a wuss, but their relationship did move me.

As mentioned earlier, 'Damon' was very easy to read. And I do think this is because of the flow and pace of the narrative as well as the strong characterisations. The dialogue is fresh, believable and at times very entertaining and amusing. The language isn't overly complicated or sophisticated, which is perfectly appropriate for the genre. 'Damon' is a passionate read, with heart-felt emotions and believable characters - applause for Teresa considering this is a paranormal romance.

'Damon' is most definitely worthy of 5 Fairies. Any book that can make me laugh out loud, cry - on more than one occasion - and make me both unbelievably cross and then later grin like a Cheshire cat, surely has to mean that I loved it.

This is the first book of Teresa's that I've read. I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to win a copy of 'Damon'. It was a real unexpected treat.

Synopsis 

Damon DeMasters is a vampire warrior who has taken an oath to protect his own kind as well as humans. As a social worker, Nicole Callahan fights for the right of every child placed in her care. Damon has been ordered to train Nicole and her colleagues against the dangers they now face. Even as sparks fly, Nicole and Damon depend on each other to protect the children of both races.


 

Comments

  1. I absolutely loooooooooooove this series! Teresa Gabelman is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments, so please always feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...