Skip to main content

Review: Three of Spades - W Ferraro

Reviewer: Brittany 
Rating: 5 out of 5 Fairies 
Oh, how I love Dylan. His niceness in Three of Hearts made me swoon for him and this book straight pulled out the rug from under me. I always thought he was like a knight in shining armor but I never dreamed he would be this yummy. He may be a womanizer, but he's a single bachelor, so what's the harm in having a little fun. 

Poor Natalie man. She was suited with a horrible hand with the men in her life. It's no wonder she is a 28-year old virgin. I know I wouldn't trust my judgement with a father and brothers like that as role models. Sheesh. Talk about scum. I felt for her when her mamma was being so hateful, but I understood the reasoning. I'm sure no mother wants her child to always be alone like she was heading towards. She saw a problem rising with her mother and she found a unique way to solve it. And the steps she took to solve it floored me. She's got a major set of balls to offer Dylan a deal like she did. I literally had to place my tablet down, I was laughing so hard. She's so shy, but yet a confident sex siren all at the same time. She is the best of both worlds, and most guys wet dream I'm sure. 

The relationship between her and Dylan had me swooning. He was so gentle with her in every manner. But yet domineering in a yummylicious way. He protected her from probable harm with her brothers and her mother. He was strong for her when she needed a shoulder to lean on. When everyone around her was putting her down. He even picked her back up whenever she put her own self down. When you are told something or treated a certain way for so long, eventually you are going to believe those cruel intentions. And believe she did, whole-heartedly unfortunately. From the very beginning, I saw that they were going to fall in love with each other. They had met their soul mates. And I'm glad that they discovered that before it was too late. 

The twist with Jones I didn't see coming. Call me naive or whatever, but I never connected the dots between RJ and Jones and I'm glad that she didn't get hurt in the end. Instead it honestly brought her and Dylan closer. I'm glad they got their happily ever after and the babies to boot. Twins! Whooda thunk it! And girls at that. Lord have mercy on those two girls when they start dating. Daddy gonna have a F-I-T!

Synopsis 
Dylan Cross is the type of man that enjoys everything female, and enjoy it he does, but always on his terms. However, his terms are pushed to their limit when Natalie Parker proposes an offer; teach her and her delectable little body, all about sex and desire. There is one catch. He has to play the part of Natalie's madly in love boyfriend for her dying mother. Dylan signs on, and finds that separating the two is harder than he thought. Natalie's days of shyness and lack of confidence come to a quick close as she learns what her body craves and demands in the bedroom. Soon, Dylan becomes the student as Natalie teaches him things he didn't even know he wanted. Will Hamden's notorious playboy, bachelor be able to keep calling the shots, or will he find that, he, himself, is just another player at the card game of life, as we all are?



Book One
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...