Skip to main content

Cover Reveal: The Charmed by Lindy Zart

A fab new makeover cover reveal for you all to get excited about from one of my favourite designers!
'Charmed' by Lindy Zart
Cover designer: Marcy Rachel Designs
Photographer: Inge Houwen
Gorgeous huh!
Blurb/Synopsis:
On the day Taryn turns eighteen her life changes. A black-eyed man with a chilly aura accosts her and she's abducted by a man who really isn't a man, but a Manang; half-man, half-angel. 

She's told she's someone special; a Charmed, and the key to winning in a battle of worlds about to collide. Only problem is, she can be a weapon of good or a weapon of bad, depending on who gets to her first.

Excerpt:
I was posed in ‘ready to flee’ mode; legs apart, body slightly leaning forward, arms out. It could also be called ‘showdown’ mode. “No way. I don’t know you. I’m not going anywhere with you.” 

The man’s eyes flashed, reminding me of an angry god with his too-perfect looks. “Are you sure that’s the way you want it?”

“Is that a trick question?” Unease clenched my stomach. What did that mean? What was he going to do to me?

I didn’t have a chance to figure it out before he was directly in front of me, gazing down at me like I’d been a naughty child and needed punishment. “Get. In. The. Car.”

“No.” My breath left me in little panicky bursts. Strangely enough, this was the first time someone had ever attempted to kidnap me. I decided I really didn’t like it.

The wind picked up, blew my hair around my face. I brushed it aside just as he reached for me. The thought of his hands on me sent chills up and down my back in a completely unlikable, undesirable way. Completely.

I backpedaled toward the car, raising my hands. “I’m going.” Eyes on him, I veered to the left, trying to run sideways. Bad idea. I spun on loose gravel, flailed my arms about, and he had to catch me so I didn’t end up on my face. The irony of that did not escape me.

Arms around me, his face close to mine, I saw humor in his eyes as he looked down at me. “Not the most graceful one, are you?”

About the author: 
I've been writing since I was a wee lass. I was reading before that; possibly while still in the womb. Don't think about that too much. I started out with short horror stories and poetry. I was terrible at it. The poems not so much, but the stories were awful. I decided to finish a book (and I DO mean finish--I'd started plenty throughout the years) when I was in my mid-twenties (so not that long ago because I'm young and will forever stay that way). Again, not my best work.

But that's the thing about writing; it improves with time. (It's also a good thing to know your work can't possibly be any worse than it was when you first started.) What I love most about writing is having people tell me how much they enjoy my work, how my writing touches them, makes them feel intensely. Bringing a reader to laughter or tears is a wonderful feeling for a writer, and no, I'm not sadistic. *insert evil laugh HERE* It means I got them to feel, to respond to something I created.

Also, I just like to make stuff up and put it down on paper. I have an endless supply of stories in my head; lots of stuff to share with the world. Happy Reading! 

Stalker Links 

Comments

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments, so please always feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...