Skip to main content

RELEASE Blog Tour by M.R. Merrick


In M.R Merrick’s Release we delve into a much darker place, where life for Chase is constantly filled with danger, questions and mystery. The pace was a little slower than Shift, despite the array of action of amazing places that Merrick took Chase on. Through all of Chase’s journeys, it was impossible not to continue rooting for him and his band of merry warriors. The team he has around him are such an eclectic bunch, that they constantly entertained and amused me.

I missed Rayna a little in Shift; I had become very fond of her kick-ass, no nonsense character in Shift that I felt a little bereft. However, I loved getting to know Vincent much better in Release. I couldn’t help but enjoy following his character. Merrick’s ability to create such a huge mix of characters, all with unique voices, pasts and personalities is impressive. He is a master of creating dialogue that was engaging and believable, especially impressive in a fantasy novel.

I am thoroughly enjoying this series, but I so desperately want answers to the questions that niggle at me when reading. I had a little frustrated groan when I finished Release – I wanted more! I eagerly look forward to the next installment.

Goodreads Synopsis
After uniting the shifters and calling in reinforcements, Chase has to face his toughest challenge yet: learning to control his emotions. But as tensions rise and his powers grow, controlling his emotions becomes the least of his problems.

Terrorized by a multi-shifter who is hell-bent on turning him, Chase questions just how far he’s willing to go to stop his father. Meanwhile, Tiki’s virtuous nature has placed him in the middle of Vincent’s past, leaving Chase to oppose a senate of vampires and defend a demon he hates.

Trying to balance his friends, his enemies, and his inner demons, Chase is left searching for answers about the Mark, his destiny, and where he can find the next soul piece. Stopping Riley is his top priority, but as more obstacles arise, he finds himself doubting all the decisions he’s made - especially regarding Rayna.

One thing is for certain: Chase has finally realized that he doesn't know anything. The light doesn't always quell the darkness, the monsters don’t always stay in the shadows, and the past doesn't always stay in the past - sometimes, the demons inside are the hardest to fight.

Purchase Links
Good Reads
M.R. Merrick
M.R. Merrick is a Canadian writer, and author of Exiled, the first installment in The Protector Series. Having never traveled, he adventures to far off lands through his imagination and in between cups of coffee. As a music lover and proud breakfast enthusiast, he's usually found at the computer, between a pair of headphones and in front of a large bowl of cereal.
WebsiteTwitterlogo_facebook


 Grande Prize Pack (3 Winners)
3x Signed paperbacks (Exiled, Shift, Release)
3x Signed 8x10 posters (Exiled, Shift, Release)
5x Bookmarks
1x Notebook (Winner’s choice of cover)
1x Magnet
Runner-up Prize Pack (5 Winners)
1x Signed paperback (Winner’s choice of Exiled, Shift, or Release) with signed poster
1x bookmark (Winner’s choice)
1x Magnet
Secondary Prizes A (10 Winners)
Release eBooks
Secondary Prize B (10 Winners)
1x bookmark (winner’s choice)
1x The Protector magnet
Winners will be chosen as follows: First 3 names drawn from Rafflecopter will get the grand prize. The following 5 names get the runner-up prize. The following 10 names win ebook copies of Release, and the final 10 names win the swag pack.

LINK Code -

Comments

  1. Enjoyed your review. Thanks for being part of the tour.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite creature would either be a fairy or a dragon. I like fairies because they are so pretty. But I like dragons too because they are big and powerful and like treasure. I have always wished I had a little baby dragon like on Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite mythological character is a shape shifter. That way you can be anyone you need to be for any situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite mythological creature is a phoenix. I love the idea of coming out of ash and destruction to become a stronger, more beautiful creature

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments, so please always feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...