Skip to main content

Spotlight 7 Review: Embrace (Gryphon #2) by Stacey Rourke

As part of our Spotlight 7: Anchor Group Feature, we're reviewing the Über talented Stacey Rourke's Embrace. Previously, as our Author of the Week, we read, reviewed and completely loved book one in the Gryphon Series: The Conduit.When we were given the opportunity to showcase 7 amazingly talented authors from Anchor Group Publishing, we jumped at the chance. Thanks to Stacey, who invited us to be apart of the author spotlight.
 
Whether she likes it or not, eighteen year old Celeste Garrett has come to terms with being the Chosen One. She knew having a “normal life” would be tricky, between intense training sessions and epic demonic battles, but she didn’t know at what cost it would come. That is, until a dear friend is harmed by the malicious forces hunting her.

Now, she’d like nothing more than to retreat into a hermit lifestyle to prevent anyone else from getting hurt. But startling revelations, amazing new abilities, and mortifying moments in front of insanely hot guys won’t allow time for that. Soon, Celeste finds herself surrounded by darkness and wondering who she can trust—if anyone.
"Seriously! I don't know whether to throw kisses your way or rocks. Just finished Embrace. Loved, loved, loved, but come on - the ending! It's already 11pm here. How on earth can I sleep after that cliff hanger!
When do we get the next installment please? I might just pop in excitement! Lol"

Okay, so this is not my usual way to start a review, but this was my immediate response to Stacey Rourke , and I mean immediately after completing Embrace. Maybe it will suffice as a review as it sums up my immediate response? But, hey, what fun would that be, so I'll add just a wee bit more!

Embrace, just like The Conduit, held my attention from the very first page all the way through to the end. There was no secret skimming ahead. I allowed myself to savour ever word, every description, every thought that Stacey put into Celeste's head. And, I enjoyed every minute of it.

We learn that little bit more about the characters and are introduced to some amazing new characters along the way, who no doubt will feature pretty heavily in book three, Sacrifice. I loved the intensity of the relationships, the constant twists and turns as well as the moments that I very loudly went 'ah ha' (there were several!). What I additionally reveled in, was Stacey's wonderful wit that is evident through her characters; it truly helps to shape and personalise her characters, and offered an element of realism which I always marvel at considering the genre.

And finally the ending! You will have read my quoted message involving rocks and kisses. I wish I could say I was exaggerating; however, I am not. A fellow blogger recently referred to Stacey as the 'Cliff-hanger Queen', and indeed she is; however, I now, and from this moment forth will fondly refer to the wonderful Stacey Rourke by the appropriate title 'Evil Genius'. There are no more words...
...Okay just a few more...I wholeheartedly and without reservation rate Embrace 5 twinkling stars! 

Stalker Links:
Purchase Links:
Embrace: Amazon US / Amazon UK / B&N / Nook
The Conduit: Amazon US / Amazon UK / B&N / Nook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...