Skip to main content

Giveaway &Author Interview Part 2: J.L McCoy

Just a couple more days left with our lovely AUTHOR OF THE WEEK  J.L McCoy. Today, we have just a few short questions for her, that will help us to see what really makes her tick!

On Sunday, I hope you got chance to read our very positive 4 star review of Blood of the Son, book one in J.L's Skye Morrison Series.

 Random Questions:

1.     What’s in your fridge right now?

Hummus, cheeses, leftover take-out, tons of condiments, beer, and plenty of ice.

2.     What song do you sing at the top of your voice every time you hear it?

I sing a lot and I love music, so it’s hard to pick just one song, but I’d have to go with anything by Adele. I love her music.

3.     Who would win in a fight: Harry Potter or Ron Weasely? And why?

As long as they aren’t fighting each other, I’m going to go with Ron here.  He’s got a lot to prove being best friend to the famous Harry Potter.  Plus, he just looks like a scrapper.  ;)

  4.     Other than writing, what special or unusual talent(s) do you have?

I bake a mean batch of bread.  It gets rave reviews around the holidays. 

5.     Where did you last go on holiday?

San Antonio, Texas to celebrate my 6th wedding anniversary.  It was a quick weekend getaway.  My husband and I haven’t had a proper vacation in almost 2 years and we are hoping to change that very soon.

6.     If your house was attacked by feral aliens, and they were zapping your house with their Über super bombs, what five items would you save?

My laptop, wedding album, jewellery box, my Kindle, and as many books as I could throw into a suitcase.



7.     What sort of vampire would you be if you were turned?

I’d definitely choose to be a Day Walker and I’d have Archer Rhys turn me.  Who wouldn’t want to be part of his family?  Yum!  Lol!  I’d probably still be the same person I am now, but just WAY cooler because I would have awesome fangs and some kind of divine power.

Ooh, I wouldn't say no to Archer biting me either. Yum! Bex

A huge thank to J.L McCoy how has been so amazing this week, and she's provided such amazing prizes for you 'Bexters'.
Stalker Links:
Facebook / Website / Goodreads / Smashwords
Purchase Links:
Book One: Blood of the Son

Book Two - Sins of the Father
Kindle US / Kindle UK / Smashwords / B&N
Look at the lovely goodies up for grabs. How awesome are these prizes!
1 x Large Swag Pack
  • A signed Blood of the Son paperback
  • Bookmarks 
  • Stickers 
  • A Sins of the Father key chain 
  • PVIP wristband
  • An I love Jameson OR I love Archer women's t-shirt.
5 x Small Swag Packs


  • Book 1 & 2 bookmark 
  • 2 sticker sheets
  • PVIP-Mausoleum wristband
  a Rafflecopter giveaway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...