Skip to main content

Review: The Witching Pen by Dianna Hardy

The Witching Pen (The Witching Pen Novellas, #1)

(Book One of The Witching Pen Novellas)

It's hard being the most powerful witch on the planet. It's even harder when you're a twenty-five year old virgin who'll lose all of that power the moment you sleep with someone ... that's why Elena's never slept with her best friend and flatmate, Karl, despite the true feelings they harbour for each other.

Elena's about to discover that there are even more difficult things in life to deal with. One of them comes in the form of a pen she discovers one day, a pen that allows anything she writes to come to pass...


Suddenly, it's not just her powers or her heart that's at stake, but her very soul, as a dream demon with a seductive pull uses the pen to try and turn her away from her reality, and from Karl.

But the pen is just the beginning. Everything Elena has believed in is a lie, and her world is about to fall apart...

Includes the bonus short story, Wilted (A Witching Pen Novellas Prequel)



I finally got around to reading The Witching Pen, and do you know when you have one of those moments that you're really cross with yourself, when you could smack yourself? Well after reading The Witching Pen, that's exactly how I felt. Why, oh why did I leave it so long! It's friggin' awesome. I mean seriously superb. It's so fresh, and had such fantastic twists that really blew me away.

The Witching Pen is a novella, but it really didn't feel like it as it had the substance of a novel. It was highly descriptive, entertaining and superbly written. The story flows effortlessly, with no fragments in narrative or character holes. It really is that awesome and beautifully crafted.

Yes, I know I'm gushing, but I enjoyed it that much. In many ways, I'm so pleased that it's a novella. It took me approx 4 hours to read, which was so lovely has I felt fulfilled when I reached the end. What's also fantastic, is that Dianna Hardy leaves her story open perfectly for her next installment.(The sands of Time)

I'm not going to discuss the storyline or leave any spoilers, all you need to do is read the synopsis for an overview. All I will say, is that I love the main characters. Elena is a superb protagonist of substance, and Karl is just wonderfully dreamy. *sigh*

Thank you Dianna Hardy for being such an amazing author.

Stalker links:
Facebook / Website / Goodreads / Twitter / WP Website

Where you can buy this 5* book:
Amazon US / Amazon US Kindle / Amazon UK / Amazon UK Kindle / B&N / Smashwords /

Comments

  1. It's pretty awesome Jessica. I hope you get to read it soon x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments, so please always feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...