Skip to main content

Review: Promise (Soul Savers) by Kristie Cook

Goodreads Synopsis
Alexis Ames decides to learn who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their secrets closely. After meeting Tristan Knight and discovering that he's not normal either, the secrets begin to unravel. Their union brings promise to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy. Because they are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.
I was completely hooked by this book from the moment I picked it up. The passion between Alexis and Tristan is almost palpable. The emotions were so well developed and described, that it was almost impossible to not become completely immersed in their lives and their relationship.

Kristie Cook has created an impressive novel, one that is full of action, tension and drama that unravels beautifully as the narrative progresses. It's been a while since I felt an emotional connection to the characters; there were distinctive moments in this novel that I became cross and sad; admittedly, I did shed a tear or two!

I have since reread it, which is quite a rare thing for me as I have a stack of tbr a mile high (and how I wish I was exaggerating!). It was seriously that enjoyable and seriously that good.

Truly a fantastic read!


Follow the links to stalk the wonderful Kristie:
Facebook / Website / Goodreads
You can purchase you very own lovely copy by following the links below:
Amazon UK  / Amazon US / B&N / Amazon UK Paperback / Amazon US Paperback

Comments

  1. Sounds very interesting! <3 I liked the trailer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and for the fabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Thank you for writing such a wonderful series :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments, so please always feel free to share your thoughts with us. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...