Night after night her dreams revealed so
much more…but are they only dreams?
much more…but are they only dreams?
Title: A Witch's Dream World
Author: Cheryllynn Dyess
Series: Chronicles of Elizabeth Fairbairn, book 1
Release Date: January 30, 2015
Genre: YA / Paranormal / Occult / Romance
Elizabeth has gone through so much lately with her mother's passing. Now she lives with her aunts and she has begun to have nightmares. Only her nightmares are not nightmares at all, but spirit walks. Elizabeth never knew she belonged to a family of witches that dates back centuries. It is believed that she is the strongest one of all. She never knew her father was alive or that she had a twin brother. Now she must learn about a world she never knew existed. She has to learn to embrace her heritage and figure out how to defeat the Council. They are conspiring to destroy the structure of coexisting in this new society that her ancient people hold dear. Night after night her dreams reveal so much more....but are they only dreams?
An interview with Cheryllynn Dyess
by Hot Tree Promotions
- Tell us a bit about yourself. Well I grew up in the Southeast portion of Georgia, visiting my birthplace of Florida pretty regular. I love the outdoors, although I am allergic to a lot of it. I enjoy fishing, rock hounding and crocheting. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Healthcare Administration/Health Information Systems and I write full time.
- What inspired you to write your first book? The inspiration for my book was my now husband, after reading my poetry he said I should write a book. So I did. I wrote a book about self-confidence, self-esteem, about being different when everyone wants you to conform...I wrote the first book of Jein’s Journey, Calastan, since then I have written six more books.
- How did you come up with the title of your book? If we are talking about my current release, A Witch’s Dream World...well that is easy - Elizabeth has a gift of dream walking. She can be visited by the dead and some living in her dreams and in the book many important events take place in them.
- Describe your main character in five words. Elizabeth in A Witch’s Dream World would be - spunky, brave, sarcastic, powerful and dangerous.
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book? I was really surprised that I had all that in me. I never thought about writing books before, but when I sit down they just seem to flow out of me.
- Have you ever done anything strange or weird in the name of research? No I can’t say I have...that I remember.
- How long does it take you to write a book? Typically I take a few months, then I read it and edit and add and delete...several times.
- Can you share a little of your current work with us? A Witch’s Dream World is my latest release. Elizabeth is a young woman who looses her mother suddenly then has to move to a new town to live with her twin aunts. In this new town, she finds out she herself has a twin brother and that her father is alive. She also finds out she is a witch, a very strong and powerful witch. She finds love, she finds battles to fight and well the end you will never see it coming.
- What is your work schedule like when you're writing? When I write most things do not get done...like cooking and cleaning.
- Do you have any writing rituals? No. I grab a space and sit and hit the keyboard as much as I can for as long as I can.
- What book are you reading now? Be My Baby by Airicka Phoenix and Thread Strands by Leeland Artra.
- Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Thank you, without you I would really not enjoy writing as much.
- What’s in your fridge right now? Nothing exciting for sure, the typical milk, tea, butter, eggs, lunch meats and lots of bottles of water.
- What song do you sing at the top of your voice every time you hear it? Rolling in the Deep from Adele.
- Other than writing, what special or unusual talent(s) do you have? Hmm, well I mentioned crocheting and fishing, I can also embroider and cross stitch.
- Where did you last go on holiday? Kansas, my husband was working on the road there and I left to spend two weeks with him. No kids, no dogs. That was a holiday for me.
- If feral aliens attacked your house and they were zapping your home with their Über super bombs, what five items would you save? Well since you stated “items” I don’t have to count my family members or pets so I would say my iPad, laptop, cell phone, hair brush and some clothes.
- If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? After the storm...
Cheryllynn's vivid imagination comes through in all she does in life. Her writing started in junior high and although she never truly shared her work until recently she kept them hidden away in an old tattered orange folder. Original works she wrote from 1984 still holding ink on the pages are now being shared. Science Fiction and Fantasy are her favorite genres with mystery and thrillers in close running.
Born in Northwest Florida and raised in Southeast Georgia she gained a love for nature and the outdoors. After almost twenty years in the healthcare industry and obtaining her Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Administration/Healthcare Information Systems she has returned to her love of writing. Currently living in Central Texas with two of her four children, she has begun a new chapter in life that has opened her heart and soul to many great adventures. Her dreams are to one day return to her native homes and settle in for life with her kids and all her family and to continue writing.