Skip to main content

Review & Giveaway: Sacrifice - R.M Gilmore

Sacrifice (Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult  #3)Sacrifice by R.M. Gilmore
Bex's rating: 5 of 5 stars
R.M. Gilmore has truly out done herself in her latest instalment of her sassy Dylan Hart series. To put it simply, I loved Sacrifice, so darn much. My stomach is still funny - nervous excitement I assume, if not I just may need to fart. It is everything I hoped it would be and so much more.

I was left a little shell shocked by the events of Sacrifice, but I think it was an amazing turn of events! How the story unfolds will really impact on the kick-ass heroine, Dylan, massively so and I think this is a good thing. Lots of the unanswered questions in this series are really coming together and we're finally getting some amazing answers.

At the end, I sat for a few moments. Confused. Not about the book, but wondering why in the hell, R.M. Gilmore's series hasn't been snatched up by a big publishing house. It's original, and ballsy, and flippin' amazing.

I just don't get it.

R.M's writing, while fabulous before, has tightened so much. Her descriptive detail especially has become beautifully finely tuned. It really is a remarkable follow up. The author has one hell of a book on her hands, one that you should definitely be checking out.

Sacrifice (Dylan Hart Odyssey of The Occult #3)

by 
Dylan has found herself in quite the conundrum...oh shit, who are we kidding?

She's ass deep in death and it's knocking down her door. Literally.
Endless Night left you with your heart pounding and your stomach in your butt...book three will flip you upside down and take you on a ride that'll leave your knees quivering and your head lying on the floor...literally.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal: Eating Sarah - Jaret Martens

Presented by: Title: Eating Sarah Author: Jaret Martens Audience: YA Genre: Thriller Formats: E-book Publisher: Immortal Ink Publishing Cover by: Rebecca Hamilton Editor: Rebecca Hamilton and Louise Caiola Expected Date of Publishing: Mid-2014     Ever since Sarah was young, all she could dream about was participating in The Hunt — a monthly event in which her people sneak into the nearby cities and villages to gather food. And in Sarah’s world, the food they feast on most is human flesh. In the deep forests of the Rocky Mountains, Sarah lives in a community of man-eaters. With Fall ending and hunger running rampant, Sarah and her cannibalistic community are forced to change the rules of their Hunt. And with these changes come new risks. When her first Hunt ends in catastrophe, and one of her only friends is lost, Sarah is sentenced to work in the slaughter shack. Among the dead and dying, Sarah is introduced to Troy: a man she knows she...

Review: Embraced (Enduring Kiss #4) - C.E. Black

Embraced by C.E. Black Ann's rating: 5 of 5 stars Read as a standalone.  This is a fantastic book. It is an easy read but don’t start reading it too late at night or you will probably end up with a book hangover. It is very difficult to put down. Sean is a lost wolf. The woman he loves has married another man, and he is heartbroken. To relieve his suffering, he decides to get out of town and have a drink or two, then he meets Sarah. Sarah is a business owner of a bakery called Decadent Delights and her life seems to be going just the way she wants…until she meets Sean at the bar. Instantly there is an overwhelming attraction and she takes him home with her. Hot animalistic sex occurs (pun intended since Sean is a werewolf). But Sean leaves after one night. He can’t stay because Sarah is human and humans don’t mate with wolves. Two months later, Sarah has a major surprise and goes looking for Sean. And then the fun really begins. This story has sorrow, angst, anger but als...

Tour Review, Post & Giveaway: Shudder - Samantha Durante

Reviewer: Bex Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies Shudder is a strong follow on from Stitch, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. What I particular enjoyed and thought that the author managed extremely well was the multiple viewpoints that she built in with the narrative. Not only did this allow us extra insight into the characters, but also the varying points of views added lovely depth to the novel. Samantha Durante's craft has improved and developed since book one. On the whole, her writing is tighter and flows that much easier. There were still a few moments within the dialogue that I felt was a little awkward, yet others could easily disagree. I’m just a stickler and very particular with dialogue. Yet again, there’s a fabulous twist that Durante mastered with skill and ease. This one wasn’t quite as much as a shocker as Stitch, but it still successfully made me do a double take just to be certain. Just the same as Stitch, Shudder left me ready and most definitely eager for t...