I use Grammarly to check plagiarism because soggy seconds are never as good as the first time around!
Everyone has heard the name and many think they KNOW all about the little literary powerhouse that is Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. From its humble beginning of one woman with a vision and 10 authors, to a three imprint literary force with almost 100 signed authors under its belt, bestselling and renowned authors, a reputation of being THE LEADING INDIE PUBLISHER, and showing all the other “wanna be” publisher’s how to do it right. Yes, CHBB is the name that every reader and author should know but did you also know…
1. CHBB was founded by an Author? After listening to her indie friends distress over how good stories were constantly overlooked because big houses were always looking for “trends” Sarah Davis thought she should give publishing a go. Sick of good stories always being turned down Sarah – familiar with the writing side of publishing, extensively researched what it took to be a publisher. With a few trusted people who believed in her and trusted her, Sarah became a LEGAL publishing entity and set forth to take over the world. After struggling and very very little reciprocation the rest became history.
2. CHBB has increased ten-fold in only 2 years? Seriously. CHBB opened its doors February 29, 2012 with only 10 authors and as it approaches its 2 year anniversary mark with close to 100 authors that is OFFICIALLY 10xs the size (and equal success) than its founding. Now you see why CHBB is the LEADING small press…take note.
3. CHBB is home to several popular authors including well known screen writers and singers.
4. Many CHBB authors have made mainstream media (i.e. USA Today and others) and some even have mentions or their own Wikipedia pages. Some of the likes include but are not limited to Vanessa Kimball, Cameo Renae, Daniel P. Coughlin, S.K. Whiteside, Kenya Wright and more.
5. CHBB gives BACK to the community that has allowed them to see so much success. Many of the titles from the three imprints (CHBB, Vamptasy, and HOT INK) donate a percentage of sales to various charities. This month CHBB adopted a family in Kentucky that had no heat and was suffering winter in poverty and offered support. It was because of the MASSIVE fan base that CHBB was able to do such things.
CHBB will obtain world domination in 2014. Stay tuned and…