Katherine Thomas is a lackluster kind of girl who refuses to bend the rules. Until one day she loses her job and is forced to reevaluate her life. One trip to Australia changes her world forever. Katherine leaves her hometown of Fleming to find herself, however she ends up finding love, lies and a bloke.
1. Tell us a bit about how you met.
April and I met at work. We had worked with one another for many years but never became close until about a year before we started writing together.
2. What inspired you to write your first book together?
We had secretly always wanted to write a book but never told each other. Over time we had become a two person book club (it’s ok, you can laugh.) April and I started reading a series (we won’t say which one), which we ended up hating the ending to. So one day April came to me and said, “Okay don’t laugh but I started writing a book. Wanna write it with me?” That night I read the first chapter of what she had wrote and then we tossed it out and wrote our first novel called Flesh and Feathers.
I was falling fast asleep one night (by the way my most brilliant ideas come to me when I am falling asleep, driving or any other activity to where I can’t ever remember what I thought of) and the name came to my mind.
4. How are you the same/different from your main character Katherine?
I think there is a Katherine in all of us. We get so fed up sometimes that we want to escape and meet a Brody.
5. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
The most surprising thing we have learned about writing is that it was so easy to fall in love with all the characters. We call each of our books our Paper-Love-Child.
6. You have now worked on a couple of collaborations with one another, what are the benefits of this style of writing?
April and I are best friends, co-workers and co-writers. We have the utmost respect for one another and our collaborations are nothing less than spectacular to one another. We literally write in a way that it seems there is only one author because we think so much alike.
7. Have you ever done anything strange or weird in the name of research?
(I am laughing to myself.) Ummm Yes! We are not afraid to be silly in front of each other. We have had bamboo sword fights. We want our scenes to be believable or somewhat possible, so many theories are tested.
8. How long does it take you to write a book together?
It depends. This past year has been difficult on us with certain life issues faced with but you can expect many more books from us. We are currently working on four other books as we speak, “Flesh and Flames,” “Black Apples,” “The Witch and The Werewolf,” and “Belabor.”
9. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
10.What book are you reading now?
We are both currently reading, “BeautifulDisaster” by Jamie McGuire.
11. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
We just want to say Thank You!
1. What’s in your fridge right now?
April has diet Dr. Pepper and Cheese in her fridge (actually she lost her cell phone so it’s probably in there as well.). I have alcohol, takeout boxes and coleslaw in mine.
We have different taste in songs but one song April and I can always sing to till we lose our voices is, Warwick Avenue by Duffy.
3. If your house was attacked by feral aliens, and they were zapping your house with their Über super bombs, what five items would you save?
I would save my nook, my dog, Mr. Giggles, my USB and my cell phone.
April would save her cell phone because she thinks Siri can speak alien, her three kids and her chap stick.
4. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
April would definitely want to be able to make Christian Grey a real guy.
5. If someone wrote a biography about the two of you and your joint venture, what do you think the title should be?
“The Tall Tale of Oh Crap Did That Really Just Happen?”
6. If you were comic book characters, which ones would you be?
I would want to be The Hulk. I would like to “Smash!” and then wake up saying…” What? It wasn’t me it was The Hulk.” As I shrug my shoulders.
April would want to be Rick Grimes from the Walking Dead. You could say she is obsessed. J
Thank you so much for having us as guests!!
The lovely ladies have very generously donated two ebooks of Loves, Lies and a Bloke. To enter, just fill in this nice and easy rafflecopter!