But what is so very exciting is that the lovely, talented and oh so witty Teresa Gabelman is with us! Hurray!
Have fun reading our lovely interview with her and make sure you enter the rafflecopter giveaway at the end.
1. Tell me a bit about yourself. Out of all of these questions this is the hardest. I’m a working mother of a 17 year old son Cody. I’m married to my high school sweetie Ron. I love books, reading and writing. My life has slowed down considerably since my son has graduated and is now getting ready to move on to adulthood. Yeah, I’m tearing up here. J
2. What inspired you to write your first book? Honestly I was at work, not where I work now, but I was bored out of my mind. I grabbed some sheets of paper and started writing. The first book I wrote was Answered Dreams. A western love story set in the 1800’s. I still have it in my closet with other things I have done. Kind of proud of that one because I proved to myself I could do it. I love to read all kinds of books, but I have my faves. So when I had to wait months for another one to come I decided to try my hand at it and found I absolutely love doing it.
3. How did you come up with the title The Protectors Series? I didn’t come up with The Protectors Series until my husband looked at me when he was working on my cover and said, “The title is Damon.” The look he gave me made me think about it. I was doing edits on it and saw the word protectors through the book in my edits and ta-da….The Protectors Series….was born.
4. How are you the same/different from Nicole? I’m a smartass. HA! Seriously I grew up with a brother, who was my best friend and he was 11 years older than me. If I didn’t come up with quick comebacks he and his friends would tear me up. Also when I believe in something I go for it full blast, sometimes without thinking, just like Nicole.
5. Describe one of your main characters in five words. Damon=Sexy, brooding, strong, loyal and did I say freakin sexy?
6. I know that you have ‘Jared’ being released soon *squeals*, but what do you have in store for the series? I have one more after Jared as of right now. This second book, which I’ll be honest about, has been the hardest thing I’ve ever written. It’s not because I don’t love him or have a huge freakin crush on him, but I just want to get it right for the readers. So I have taken my time, which could be bad, but I don’t want to put a story out there that’s crap just to make a buck.
7. Can you tell us a little bit about what to expect from ‘Jared’? One thing I learned from reviews is that Damon was very similar to other paranormal books and I listened. I want this to be original, yet still follow the storyline of Damon. It’s important for me to do this. Yeah, didn’t give much away with that answer now did I? LOL!
8. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? That writing the second book is so much harder than writing the first in the series. But most surprising is meeting new people who like the world I’ve created. That is the sweetest surprise!!!
9. Damon, is a pretty tasty character. What’s your type of man candy? I like the quiet, but strong types with a sense of humor. My hubby is definitely my type and he has a sense of humor….he did marry me.
10. Have you ever done anything strange or weird in the name of research? I told my husband to bite me so I could see what it felt like. HA! Just kidding…really….I’m kidding. No I haven’t yet, but I’m sure it’s coming.
11. How long does it take you to write a book? Well if we are going by the second one a pretty long time. Ugh… Seriously, I don’t like to write too fast. I want to make sure that everything is clicking. If I put a time on myself, then I totally blow it and can’t write a thing, but I think it will get easier the more I do it. I hear a lot of authors say the same thing so I’m in good company.
12. Can you share a little of your current work with us? Well Jared’s story is at the top of my list right now and all I’m working on at the moment. Of course the third book is in the back of my head. I also want to do a young adult and have been thinking on that when I need a break from these sexy warriors.
13. What is your work schedule like when you're writing? I work 40 hours a week doing medical transcription for a large orthopaedic practice. So as soon as I leave my work computer I take a hour to get things done around the house and then I’m on my laptop to do some promotional stuff, talk to great peeps like you guys and then I write for the rest of the night. I get up the next morning and do it all again. Right now my son is in baseball tournaments and it is his last year playing and the last year my husband will be coaching him so when that is finished I will have every night to write. I do take my computer to the games, but I never get anything done. Double AA baseball gets pretty exciting.
14. Do you have any writing rituals? Before I write, weather permitting I take a walk around my yard to get my mind off medical terms I’ve typed all day and on the story I’m writing. If the weather is bad I usually put on my headphones, listen to some tunes and zone out for a few.
15. How do you market your book(s)? I have a website, I talk to great people like you who help authors like me and I try to do whatever I can, but I absolutely don’t want to shove my books down reader’s throats. I feel that word of mouth is the best way to go.
16. Who designed the cover(s)? My husband who is awesome. I honestly don’t think if he likes to do it because he has to work with pictures of half naked men. On Damon’s cover he said he needed to hide his nipple. I said no you don’t. He said, ah yeah I do, it’s not right. So tricky me I found a woman’s pic that I told him I wanted for the third book, which of course I don’t, but he loved it and was all happy until I told him he had to hide her nipple. HA! Talk about a double standard. Damon’s nipple stays. J
17. What book are you reading now? Right now nothing at all, but my TBR pile is growing. I have tons of books on my Kindle and tons on my table next to my desk tempting me, but I have to stay strong and finish Jared’s book. My treat for finishing the book is to read for a week before I move on to the third book.
18. What new author has grasped your interest? Elizabeth Reyes…love her books.
19. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I want to say thank you for all of your support. I’m a reader and I know how it feels to pick up a book and your reality slips away for an hour or two. It’s an awesome feeling. I just hope that I can do the same thing with any book I may write. That’s my goal…that’s my dream. Oh and most importantly you guys ROCK!